Monday, February 15, 2010
Of Wolf and Man
I saw The WolfMan reboot this afternoon. Instead of adding another review to the scores of others already out there flooding the blogosphere, I've decided to link to my two favorites:
Mad Mad Mad Mad Movies
Heart In A Jar
A couple of quick thoughts/inquiries:
1. It was everything I wanted it to be (i.e. mindless fun)
2. Seriously Benicio, couldn't you swing for English accent lessons?
3. The love scene between Gwen and Del Toro was the most awkward I'd seen since Amidala and Anakin
4. I really liked the mix of CGI and practical effects
5. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of gore
6. Can Sir Anthony Hopkins stop being a cliche of himself? Please?
I leave you with the video of an underappreciated Metallica classic sprinkled with some lycanthropic shenanigans.
Cortez the Killer