1. Jason figures to be more prominent in this film. As we all know the mother was the killer in the original and the shock of this, is what really unnerved some movie goers. Guaranteed this 're-imagining' will shock no one.
2. OK so #1 is a tall order to fill. Let's be more realistic here. Michael 'Explosions Go Boom' Bay is directing this. Guaranteed the horror elements of the film will be ruined by overproduction, over the top special effects and an explosion or 10,000. Bank on it.
3. From previews I've seen, it looks like the first person perspective which made the original so terrifying and unique is also absent.
4. So far, each reincarnation of the big three slashers (Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street) has sucked. OK, so maybe there is only a sample size of one, but the remake of Halloween sucked donkey dingus. Not to mention that the iconic Robert Englund is not even involved in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, is enough to make me believe this will be another steamy pile of shiznit.
5. Did I mention that Michael Bay directed this?
I could be wrong but I doubt it. And just like the good horror geek that I am, I'll still go see it. I'm actually more intrigued by the Last House on The Left Remake (trailer below).
Cortez the Killer