Let's just assume that you are reading this because you have seen the Sci-Fi original series that for three seasons now has focused more on the Ghosthunters bickering amongst themselves more than it has on hunting ghosts, so let me just jump to the highlights:
Steve Gonsalves had to stay behind in the states due to his fear of flying. This is unfortunate seeing as how he is the only member of the team besides Grant Wilson who doesn't make me want to punch myself in the face.
Case #1 - Lisheen Ruins - Ireland
A nice little site of ruins out in the Irish countryside that is basically a hollowed out, overgrown with ivy stone structure. The ruins are supposedly a site full of fairies, which in Ireland aren't the nice cute little "Fern Gully" type, they are more like what we would call goblins. Mean, evil little dudes.
- Grant sits in an area of surrounding forest called a "wrath" and when he thinks he sees objects appear around him says "my first thought was 'Am I experiencing fairy activity?' - I don't know".
- Brian Harnois goes underground beneath the structure and proceeds to absolutely freak out about spiders.
- Grant and Jason train the Thermal Camera on Brian and another investigator walking through the Wrath and pickup first one, then three human shaped heat signatures following behind the team. Ghosts? Um, how about people walking around in the woods messing with them? Strange that they don't even consider this possibility.
- The crew picks up audio of heavy shoes walking on a wood floor in the ruins, which is interesting since there is no wood anywhere, only stone walls remain.
- The crew also caught an image on camera in the woods that they say is a face, but I can't make that out at all. They are really stretching things these days.
Case #2 - Viaduct Tavern - England
For our second case the crew goes to an old tavern that was built over a 18th century debters prison. You got a basement full of bankrupt ghosts and a third floor with a resident hooker ghost. Sweet.
- The crew seems to have picked up on calling each other "Bro" in England.
- While exploring the old debters prison in the basement, Grant climbs into the tiny 2x3 foot cell (that's right, 2 by 3 feet) and makes his second brillian quote for the evening with "I can't imagine why if you were dead you would hang around in an area like that", referring to the awful conditions in the basement. So, by that logic then Hawaii should be chok-full of ghosts and Florida, Debt Prison basements and all Waffle Houses should be devoid of spirit activity.
Not much came from this investigation other than Brian getting chastized for being too gruff when talking to dead English hookers.
Stay tuned for next week! And also check out the show "Destination Truth" that comes on after Ghost Hunters, because the guy who hosts it is the biggest pop-culture slinging douchebag cryptozoologist ever. It's totally fantastic.
- the fucking beard